* Corresponding Author， #Equal Contribution
50. Z. Yu, L. Dong, C. Cao*. Smart sensors. TBD, in submission, 2019.
49. X. Liu, Y. Zhao, X. Tan, C. Cao*. Soft Actuators and Grippers. TBD, in submission, 2019.
48. S. Chen#, Y. Pang#, K. Zeng, H. Yuan, X. Tan, C. Cao*. Smart Soft Actuators and Grippers Enabled by Tribo-Skin. TBD, submitted, 2019.
47. Y. Zhou, Q. Han, J. T. Glass*, C. Cao*. Stretchable Supercapacitors. TBD, in submission, 2019.
45. K. Zeng, P. Kamdem, R. Narayan, C. Cao*. A facile approach for eco-friendly, low-cost and water-resistant paper coatings. TBD, in submission, 2019.
43. Y. Liu, X. Tan, C. Cao*. A Modified Theory and Finite Element Framework for Magneto-Active Elastomers with Strong Mechano-Magnetic Interaction. TBD, under review, 2019. (PDF)
42. Y. Pang, Y. Cao, Y. Chu, M. Liu, K. Snyder, D. MacKenzie, C. Cao*. Additive Manufacturing of Batteries, Advanced Functional Materials. 1906244, 2019. (PDF) https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/adfm.201906244
41. L. Li, Q. Yun, Z. Li, Y. Liu, C. Cao*. A new contact model of joint surfaces accounting for surface waviness and substrate deformation, International Journal of Applied Mechanics, in press, 2019. (PDF) https://doi.org/10.1142/S1758825119500790
40. O. Nabinejad, Y. H. Liew, D. Sujan, M. E. Rahman, C. Cao, Ian J. Davies. Tribological Behavior of Unsaturated Polyester Hybrid Composites Containing Wood Flour and Carbon Nanotubes, SN Applied Sciences, 1:777, 2019. (PDF)
39. L. Li*, Q. Yun, H. Tian, A. Cai, C. Cao. Investigation into the contact characteristics of rough surfaces with surface tension. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 41:343, 2019. (PDF)
38. M. M. Roozbahani, M. M. Zand*, M. M. Mashhadi, M. D. Banadaki, S. J. Ghalekohneh, C. Cao*. Dynamic pull-in instability and snap-through buckling of curved microbeams under combined squeeze film damping, mechanical shock and axial force. Smart Materials and Structures, 28, 097001, 2019. (PDF)
37. Y. Liu, Y. Cao, X.-Q. Feng, C. Cao*. Phase Transition and Optimal Actuation of Active Bilayer Structures, Extreme Mechanics Letters, 29, 100467, 2019. (PDF)
36. S. Chen, Y. Cao, M. Sarparast, H. Yuan, L. Dong, X. Tan, C. Cao*. Soft Crawling Robots: Design, Actuation and Locomotion, Advanced Materials Technologies, 1900837, 2019. (PDF)
35. S. Chen, Z. Li, J. Wang, C. Cao*. Energy Harvesting, in submission, 2019.
34. Y. Zhou, K. Maleski, B. Anasori, J. Thostenson, Y. Pang, Y. Feng, C. Parker, S. Zauscher, Y. Gogotsi, J. Glass*, C. Cao*. MXene-Reduced Graphene Oxide Composite Electrodes for Stretchable Supercapacitors with Improved Performance, ACS Nano, in revision, 2019. (PDF)
33. C. Cao*, Y. Zhou, S. Ubnoske, J. Zang, Y. Cao, P. Henry, C. Parker, J. T. Glass*. Highly Stretchable Supercapacitors via Crumpled Vertically Aligned Canbon Nanotube-Forests, Advanced Energy Materials, 1900618, 2019. (PDF) Reported by MSUToday, Science Daily, NanoWerk, Techxplore, EurekAlert, Agenparl, PioneeringMinds, MakeMeFeed, AZONano, EINnews, Medgadget, 能源学人.
31. K. Dastani, M. Zand, A. Hadi, C. Cao*. Revealing electrical stresses acting on the surface of protoplast cells under electric field, European Journal of Mechanics /B Fluids, 76, 292–302, 2019. (PDF)
28. Y. Cao, Y. Feng, M. D. Ryser, K. Zhu, G. Herschlag, C. Cao, K. Marusak, S. Zauscher, L. You*. Programmed assembly of pressure sensors using pattern-forming bacteria, Nature Biotechnology, 35, 1087–1093, 2017. (PDF) Reported by Science Daily, Duke Pratt News, Topix, EurekAlert, Science Newsline, Kurzwei, Technovelgy, AdvancedManufacturing, Medgadget, TheRegister.
27. Q. Han, Y. Bai, J. Liu, K. Du, D. Ji, Y. Zhou, C. Cao, D. Shin, T. Li, X. Huang, A. Franklin, J. T. Glass, J. Hu, M. Therien, J. Liu* and D. B. Mitzi*. Additive Engineering for High-Performance Room-Temperature-Processed Perovskite Absorbers with Micron-Size Grains and Microsecond-Range Carrier Lifetimes, Energy & Environmental Science, 10, 2365-2371, 2017. (PDF) Selected as 2017 Energy and Environmental Science HOT articles.
26. Changyong Cao*, Joseph Andrews, Aaron Franklin. Completely Printed, Flexible, Stable and Hysteresis-free Carbon Nanotube Thin-Film Transistors via Aerosol Jet Printing, Advanced Electronic Materials, 3 (5), 1700057, 2017. (PDF)
25. Matthew Catenacci, Patrick Flowers, Changyong Cao, Joseph Andrews, Aaron Franklin, Benjamin Wiley*. Fully printed memristors from Cu-SiO2core-shell nanowire composites, Journal of Electronics Materials, 46 (7), 4596-4603, 2017. (PDF) Reported by ScienceDaily, Duke Research, Atma 360, Eastday, PEOL.
23. Joseph Andrews, Changyong Cao, Martin A. Brooke, Aaron D. Franklin. Noninvasive materials thickness sensors enhanced through aerosol jet printed metallic carbon nanotube ink, IEEE Sensors, 17, 4612-4618, 2017. (PDF) Reported by ScienceDaily, Phys.org, Science Newsline, Duke Pratt News, Engineering 360, Droidress.
22. Phani Shivapooja#, Changyong Cao# (#Equal Contribution), Beatriz Orihuela, Vrad Levering, Xuanhe Zhao, Daniel Rittschof and Gabriel P. Lopez*. Incorporation of silicone-oil into elastomers enhances barnacle detachment by active surface strain, Biofouling, 33(9), 1017-1028, 2016. (PDF)
21. Zhuojia Fu*, Qiang Xi, Leevan Ling, Changyong Cao. Numerical investigation on the effect of tumor on the thermal behavior insidethe skin tissue, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 108, 1154–1163, 2017. (PDF)
20. Changyong Cao, Yaying Feng, Jianfeng Zang, Gabriel P. Lopez and Xuanhe Zhao*. Tunable lotus-leaf and rose-petal effects via graphene paper origami, Extreme Mechanics Letters, (4), 18–25, 2015. (PDF) Supporting Information.
19. Vrad Levering#, Changyong Cao# (#Equal Contribution), Howard Levinson, Xuanhe Zhao*, Gabriel P. Lopez*. Urinary catheter capable of repeated on-demand removal ofinfectious biofilms via active deformation, Biomaterials, 77:77-86, 2016. (PDF) Supporting Information, Video 1, Video 2, Video 3.
18. Xiao-Yu Sun, Heng Hu, Changyong Cao and Yuan-Jie Xu*. Anisotropic vacancy-defect-induced fracture strength loss of graphene, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 13623-13627. (PDF)
17. Jianfeng Zang#, Changyong Cao# (#Equal Contribution), Yaying Feng#, Jie Liu, Xuanhe Zhao*. Stretchable and High-Performance Supercapacitors via Crumpled Graphene-Paper, Scientific Reports, 4, 6492, 2014. (PDF) Supporting Information. Reported by MIT news, Science Daily, Health Tech Insider, Nano Werk, PHYS ORG.
16. Shaoting Lin, Changyong Cao, Qiming Wang, Mark Gonzalez, John E. Dolbow, Xuanhe Zhao*. Design Stiff, Tough and Stretchy Hydrogels via Nanoscale Hybrid Crosslinking and Macroscale Fiber Reinforcement, Soft Matter, 10, 7519-7527, 2014. Supporting Information, Video 1. Most read articles of Soft Matter in July and August 2014.
15. Changyong Cao, Honfai Chan, Jianfeng Zang, Kam W. Leong and Xuanhe Zhao*. Harnessing localized ridges for high-aspect-ratio hierarchical patterns with dynamic tunability and multifunctionality, Advanced Materials, 26, 1633, 2014. Supporting Information,Video 1. Featured as Front Cover, reported by Duke Research, Inside Science, The News & Observer.
14. Changyong Cao*, Xiaoyu Sun, Yuhui Fang, Qinghua Qin, Aibing Yu and Xi-Qiao Feng. Theoretical model and design of electroadhesive pad with interdigitated electrodes, Materials and Design, 89:485–491, 2015.
13. Changyong Cao, Xuanhe Zhao. Tunable stiffness of electrorheological elastomers by designing mesostructures, Applied Physics Letter, 103, 041901, 2013. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4816287)
12. Changyong Cao, Aibing Yu, Qinghua Qin. A new efficient hybrid finite element approach for plane piezoelectricity with defects, Acta Mechanica, 224:41-61, 2013. DOI:10.1007/s00707-012-0741-x.
11. Changyong Cao*, Yihao Zhou, Jeff Glass, Aaron Franklin. 4D Printing of High performance and stretchable supercapacitors from hybrid composites of carbon nanotubes, reduced graphene oxide and conducting polymers, submitted, 2017.
10. Zhuojia Fu*, Wen Chen, Jinyang Zhang, Changyong Cao. A truly boundary only collocation method for inverse Cauchy problems with anisotropic nonhomogeneous potential equations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, under review, 2016.
9. Changyong Cao, Qinghua Qin*, Aibing Yu. Micromechanical analysis of heterogeneous composites by HT-FEM and HFS-FEM, Journal of Mechanics, 29(4):661-674, 2013.
8. Changyong Cao, Qinghua Qin*. Hybrid Fundamental Solution Based Finite Element Method: Theory and Applications, Advances in Mathematical Physics, 38:916029, 2015.
7. Changyong Cao, Aibing Yu, Qinghua Qin*. A novel hybrid approach for modeling anisotropic composites, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 64:36-47, 2013.
6. Changyong Cao, Qinghua Qin*, Aibing Yu. New hybrid finite element approach for three-dimensional elastic problems, Archive of Mechanics, 64(3):261-292, 2012.
5. Changyong Cao, Qinghua Qin*, Aibing Yu. A novel Boundary-Integral based finite element method for 2D and 3D thermo-elasticity problems, Journal of Thermal Stresses, 35:849-876, 2012.
4. Changyong Cao, Qinghua Qin*, Aibing Yu. Hybrid Fundamental-Solution-based FEM for Piezoelectric Materials, Computational Mechanics, 50(4): 397-412, 2012.
3. Changyong Cao, Aibing Yu, Qinghua Qin*. Evaluation of effective thermal conductivity of fiber-reinforced composites, International Journal of Architecture, Engineering and Construction, 1(1):14-29, 2012.
2. Changyong Cao*, Y. Zhong. Dynamic response of a beam on Pasternak foundation under a moving load, Journal of Chongqing University, 7(4):311-316, 2008.
1. Y. Zhong*, Changyong Cao. Dynamic response of airport pavement when airplane takes off or lands, Journal of dynamics and control, 6(1):28-35, 2008.
8. Changyong Cao, Shoue Chen. New piezoelectric generator for smart tires: harvesting energy from the deformation in rotating tires. Invention Disclosure. MSU Technologies, December 22, 2018.
7. Mahdi Moghimi Zand, Changyong Cao, Amirali Ebadi, Ali Attar-Lamraski, Mohammad Javad Farshchi Heydari. Highly-Efficient Particle/Cell Separation Platform/Device based on Microfluidics. Invention Disclosure. MSU Technologies, January 22, 2018.
6. Changyong Cao, Aaron Franklin. Aerosol-Jet Printing of New Dielectric for Fully-Printed and Hysteresis-Free Carbon Nanotube Thin Film Transistors and Methods of Making and Using Same. U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/353156, Assignee: United States Patent and Trademark Office, June 22, 2016.
5. Changyong Cao, Aaron Franklin, Yihao Zhou, Jeffery Glass. Hybrid Carbon Nanotube Graphene Compositions for Stretchable High Performance Electronic Materials, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/370397, Assignee: United States Patent and Trademark Office, August 3, 2016.
4. Changyong Cao, Aaron Franklin, Yihao Zhou, Jeffery Glass. Stretchable Electrically Conductive Layer Formation by Aerosol Jet Printing on Flexible Substrate, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/342246, Assignee: United States Patent and Trademark Office, May 27, 2016.
3. Changyong Cao, Aaron Franklin. Overspray and Morphology/Quality Control in Aerosol Jet Printing of Silver Nanoparticle Ink. Invention Disclosure Duke-OLV-303, Assignee: Duke Office of Licensing & Ventures, December 15, 2015.
2. Changyong Cao, Aaron Franklin. Double Contact Configuration for Fully Printed, Carbon Nanotube Transistors. U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/299064, Assignee: United States Patent and Trademark Office, February 24, 2016.
1. Vrad Levering, Changyong Cao, Gabriel P. Lopez, Xuanhe Zhao, Howard Levinson. Internal shaft for catheter and methods of use. U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/247488, Assignee: United States Patent and Trademark Office, October 8, 2015.